Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Signs of a Rodent Infestation:
- Droppings: Finding droppings in the home is one of the most common signs of a rodent infestation. Homeowners often find these where food is stored, such as kitchen cabinets or pantries, as well as under sinks, inside chewed cardboard boxes and along baseboards.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents will chew through almost any type of material to obtain food or water, causing serious damage to a home. Rats are also known to gnaw on wires behind walls, potentially resulting in dangerous house fires.
- Nests: Rodents prefer to hide in dark, secluded areas of the home and will use any materials available to build their nest. If you see items such as paper products or cotton strewn about, it might be a sign of a rodent infestation.
- Tracks or rub marks: As rats follow a trail between their nest and food sources throughout a home, they will often leave dark grease or dirt marks along walls and floorboards.
- Strange noises: Hearing strange noises at night could be attributed to a family of mice scurrying about the house, between the walls and up in attics and crawlspaces.