Cockroach Prevention Tips
Cockroaches prefer warm, moist places with available food sources, so eliminating those attractive environments can help prevent cockroach infestations.
First Rate Pest Solutions offers the following tips to avoid cockroach infestations:
- Do not allow dirty dishes to accumulate in the sink and remain there overnight
- Keep food scraps in the refrigerator or in containers with tight-fitting lids
- Remove garbage from the home on a routine basis and vacuum regularly
- Periodically check and clean the evaporation pan under the refrigerator or freezer
- Seal cracks around the outside of the home to prevent pest entryways
- If you suspect you have an infestation, contact a licensed pest professional to identify the species and recommend a course of treatment.